LaRosa’s Family Pizzeria needed a message that would cut through the weight and discount focus of the category — a message that would mean as much to their loyalists as it would their lapsed customers.
Consumer research revealed the extent that LaRosa's fans enjoyed their pizzeria time and how time at LaRosa’s was time together. Talking to consumers, it was clear there was real pleasure derived from both the LaRosa’s experience and quality of their family recipes.
We presented the brand position, The Recipe of Happy.
This positioning embraced LaRosa’s authentic family heritage, fun atmosphere and passion for hospitality. It allowed Brunner and LaRosa’s to implement fully integrated campaigns over several years where consumers’ happiness was the big idea central to all communication.
The success of The Recipe for Happy is phenomenal:
• 24 months of continued year-over-year growth
• Up to 16% comp store growth year-over-year
• 20% is the average we’ve exceeded promotional sales expectations
• 40% reduction in discounting
• 3 new store launches supported